Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Agents of Dreamland, by Caitlin Kiernan

Agents of DreamlandAgents of Dreamland by Caitlín R. Kiernan

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I guess horror just is not my thing. This tiny book seems to set out to push all the cliche buttons that can be reached. Fear of fungus, rampantly layered conspiracy theories, "agents" so thoroughly hard boiled that their blood would not run if cut (except it would, because horror). I almost thought it was a parody. It's grammatically correct and all, but as much as I try to like Kiernan's fiction I just can't bring myself to do it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...