Sunday, January 17, 2021

Caine's Mutiny, by Charles E. Gannon

I did not completely hate this book. It was a comfortable read at the end of a long day, just engaging enough to keep me awake but not enough to make me lose sleep. A comfortable read for a long, long time. There's enough plot here for a short novel or novella, but it is doled out over 800 pages. Gak. Very long and detailed battle scenes with lots of acronyms, which should be good for military SF buffs and seems to work for some, but way too much of it to make the action interesting. The plot is convoluted, which would be OK except I lost track of things because they occurred so many pages back. With a heavy editorial hand it might have been nominated for Gannon's fourth.


My Goodreads review

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...