Thursday, January 27, 2022

If You Take My Meaning, by Charlie Jane Anders

I read this story and only after I was finished did I realize that it was in fact a sequel to The City In the Middle of the Night. That helped some. Sophie has gone further down her road of transformation, taking on a sensory organ from the night-dwelling Gelet. Her revolutionary friend Alyssa is considering the same path. Alyssa is a hard soul and we get to see more of her here. The focus is more completely on the Gelet, and as it goes on we see more of their relationship with humanity. There are also indications that the series is open for continuation, so you'll want to read this if you want to be ready for more about the Gelet.

My Goodreads Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...