Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Martian Obelisk, by Linda Nagata

The Martian ObeliskThe Martian Obelisk by Linda Nagata

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This story was well and clearly told, and I found it easy to sympathize with the protagonists. Maybe a little too easy. It sounds very much like Nagata follows the same news I do, and took everything I (we) are afraid of, and convinced is going to happen, and put it in as the backdrop for a short story. Very compelling, and depressing. Others have said it is a bit derivative, but really, what story isn't? I liked it the best of all the Hugo short story entries this year, and hope it wins.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...