Tuesday, January 30, 2024

In the Lives of Puppets, by T. J. Klune

I picked this up on Goodreads' recommendation. What I'd say about this book is, it was fine. Interesting and sympathetic characters, a hero's journey, love and surrender and redemption. All fine. The characters are unfortunately one-dimensional, but they mesh together to produce fun reading. It wasn't challenging reading, unless you find alternative sexuality challenging, and really if you're reading SF award winners or anything outside of mainstream romance novels you should be over that by now. No actual sex. In the afterword Klune says he backed off of telling the story he wanted to tell with these characters, which explained this for me. I wasn't sorry I read it, but mainly it occupied time.


My Goodreads Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...