Thursday, November 29, 2018

In Calabria, by Peter S. Beagle

In CalabriaIn Calabria by Peter S. Beagle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Like a lot of people, I liked this book but didn't love it. The writing is beautiful, and Calabria is a fun setting for a story, but it feels just a slight bit remote and I'm not sure I came away feeling more intensely about the setting. As for the unicorn, and the relationship to Bianchi--also beautiful, also a little remote, perhaps intentionally so. I remember reading reading The Last Unicorn more than 40 years ago, and while it also felt that way at the start, it got more intense as it went along and I still remember its ending very well. I'm glad I read it, equally glad I get to return it to the library. It has a good home there.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...