Saturday, December 1, 2018

Waiting On a Bright Moon, by J. Y. Yang

Waiting on a Bright MoonWaiting on a Bright Moon by J.Y.  Yang

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read this on the TOR website. It just didn't evoke any particular feelings for me. The second person perspective was somewhat forced. The most generous interpretation I can come up with for the overall tone of the story is that we're watching (or, since it's second person, being) someone who has detached herself emotionally in order to deal with the disappointments of her life and her current status. That could have been conveyed by third person better, and allowed for more of the warmth later in the story to come in. It's nice, but not super memorable.



View all my reviews
Waiting on a Bright Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...