Friday, August 2, 2019

If At First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again, by Zen Cho

If at First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try AgainIf at First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again by Zen Cho

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There are a lot of short descriptions of this novelette. It's a story about relationships. About persistence. About love. But the short descriptions really don't do it justice. Zen Cho develops a lot of depth in such a short work. And the Korean mythology angle was interesting--I knew about the relationship between dragons and earthworms, but Imugi were new to me. It's about a 3.6 rounded up for me, but it made an impression. Beautifully told, made you feel like it was highly original even though the themes are as old as time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...