Sunday, August 4, 2019

Nine Last Days on Planet Earth, by Daryl Gregory

Nine Last Days on Planet EarthNine Last Days on Planet Earth by Daryl Gregory

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a story that expanded my mind, just a bit, on how stories work. It's an alien invasion of plant life that looks intended to take over for something coming next--reminded me of David Gerrold's War Against the Chtorr series. But here, the battle is not the focus of the story. Instead it's the biography of the protagonist, LT, as he tries, along with the rest of humanity, to make a life around this slow-motion takeover. So many good characters--his mother, his father, even an alien plant. It is absolutely delicious to read, I enjoyed every bit of it and can recommend it highly.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...