Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Passing Strange, by Ellen Klages

Passing StrangePassing Strange by Ellen Klages

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is nominated for a Nebula, but the SF element is barely there at all. One of the characters uses it to make an appointment on time. What it really is, is lesbian erotic fiction/romance. And for that, it's pretty good. But short--I wouldn't say we had time to get to know the characters. The plot elements around Haskell's lurid pre-code horror magazine cover art are interesting, it's easy to believe the character in that space. Overall I enjoyed it, though it's not really my thing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Water Outlaws, by S. L. Huang

According to the introduction this book is intended to evoke "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (thought that title is not explicitl...