So I got through this very long exercise, but it never grabbed me at all. I couldn't work up much sympathy for our namesake protagonist. The Greek gods are narcissistic and cruel but anyone with even casual knowledge of the classics would know that. Homer comes off as more complex, so that was interesting. But I am with others who say this doesn't hang together as a novel, it's more a series of stories about Circe's life on her banishment island and those who come to visit her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Death of the Author, by Nnedi Okorafor
I think I'm going to agree with others and say that this isn't a science fiction book. But it's getting a lot of SF award nomina...
-
I'm starting on the novella nominations for Nebula, and began with The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe . This is her commentary on The Dream...
-
There are some interesting theories out there on what Gene Wolfe's "The Ziggurat" short story means . Indeed, Wolfe is heavil...
-
The introduction to Slow Tuesday Night is by Gardner Dozios, the great editor, and he tells us that "only those stories that were the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment