Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Little Gods, by Tim Pratt

This was a quick one, so I am right back.  Little Gods had a Nebula nomination for best short story in 2002.  And it's a solid entry.  A well-used premise--a man whose wife is tragically killed interacts with supernatural beings, maybe to get her back--but it's done quite well.  With a nice happy ending that was quite appropriate for Valentine's Day.  Slices of life make good short story material, so while I can't say I've added to my knowledge of SF literary devices etc., it was a nice read.  Would be for you too.  I give it three stars, with a pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Roswell, by Connie Willis

This is a rom-com, a nice relaxing read. I think Connie Willis could have put more into it than that, but in the end it's pretty much a ...